WAKEFIELD Trinity Wildcats will provide the opposition for Leeds Rhinos for the Super League champions’ first match on their new £1 million pitch at Headingley Carnegie.
The West Yorkshire rivals will go head-to-head in their first pre-season trial matches in the annual Heatshot Festive Challenge on Boxing Day, Wednesday December 26 (kick-off 11.30am).
Rhinos’ new pitch includes new draining systems and undersoil heating, guaranteeing the match will get the green light regardless of the winter weather over the festive period.
Tickets start at £20 for adults, £13 for concessions and £5 for under-16s and go on sale on Monday, November 26 with adults and concessions able to get a £3 discount on matchday admission if buying their tickets before 1pm on Christmas Eve.
Wildcats will also take on Featherstone Rovers at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium on Sunday, January 13 (kick-off 3pm) as part of their pre-season preparations while a trial match against St Helens is also understood to have been lined up.
See this week’s Wakefield Express for all the latest sports news from around the area.
- Letter - Find out what is really happening in the NHS
- Wakefield’s Claire Cooper named Best Actress at British Soap Awards
- Wakefield Wildcats: Mathers set for return at Hull KR as Wildcats sweat on Poore fitness
- Wakefield Wildcats: Half-time lead not enough as Wildcats go down at Hull KR
- X-Factor audition was heavily edited, says Wakefield's Ariel Burdett
- MP calls for halt to ‘delusional’ shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals new deadline to become Foundation Trust
- Debbie’s stilton the block after a quarter a centu-brie and “Caerphilly” going for a world record attempt
- ‘Bribes’ being offered to fill disused £14m fire control centre in Wakefield
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South