WAKEFIELD Wildcats prop Justin Poore has escaped a suspension for his red card in the Boxing Day defeat at Leeds Rhinos.
Poore saw red 18 minutes into his Wakefield debut for punching Rhinos star Ryan Bailey but the Rugby Football League disciplinary panel has decided against slapping the Australian with a ban.
The 27-year-old former Parramatta Eels and State of Origin star submitted an Early Guilty Plea to the Grade A offence.
The only punishment he will receive is losing his right to submit an Early Guilty Plea to any further offences for the next 12 months.
It means Poore is all set to make his Rapid Solicitors Stadium debut in the red, white and blue when Wildcats host Featherstone Rovers in a trial match on Sunday (kick-off 3pm).
See this week’s Wakefield Express for all the latest Wakefield Wildcats news.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west