WAKEFIELD Trinity Wildcats have bolstered their backroom staff by welcoming sports nutritionist Mayur Ranchordas to the club.
Ranchordas will work alongside sports scientist Lewis Williams and strength and conditioner Martin Clawson in “trying to get the maximum” out of Wakefield’s squad.
“I liked the work Lewis did with us last year on the sports science side of things,” said head coach Richard Agar.
“It’s an important aspect of rugby league now and we don’t have the biggest squad so it’s important to get the maximum out of the players we have.
“Mayur comes to us with an experienced background in nutrition and I’m sure he’ll be a great addition to the club.”
Ranchordas has worked in sports nutrition at Sheffield Hallam University since 2005 and has worked with a number of elite sports people and teams including Olympic champion Jessica Ennis and football club Bolton Wanderers.
Wildcats returned to pre-season training this week.
See this week’s Wakefield Express for all the latest Wakefield Trinity Wildcats news.
- Letter - Find out what is really happening in the NHS
- Wakefield’s Claire Cooper named Best Actress at British Soap Awards
- Wakefield Wildcats: Mathers set for return at Hull KR as Wildcats sweat on Poore fitness
- Wakefield Wildcats: Half-time lead not enough as Wildcats go down at Hull KR
- X-Factor audition was heavily edited, says Wakefield's Ariel Burdett
- MP calls for halt to ‘delusional’ shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals new deadline to become Foundation Trust
- Debbie’s stilton the block after a quarter a centu-brie and “Caerphilly” going for a world record attempt
- ‘Bribes’ being offered to fill disused £14m fire control centre in Wakefield
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South