Share your postcards of positivity as Wakefield marks Mental Health Awareness Week
An organisation in Wakefield is looking to promote positivity through postcards to mark Mental Health Awareness Week.
Positive Mental Health Network is asking Wakefield people to write positive messages on e-postcards and share them on its ‘Postcards from Wakefield’ Facebook Page.
Postcards submitted have included original art work, poems, moving pictures, clapping for carers, videos, singing, fitness, motivational quotes and words of appreciation.
The network said it is looking to:
- Reduce the stigma around mental health
- Promote the benefits of prevention and self-help
- Promote the individual organisations that are members of the network
- Increase knowledge of local mental health support provision
- Share information, good practice, ideas and support each other to
ultimately help to improve outcomes for people with mental health
-Wherever possible work together in supporting individuals – and thereby maximising the use of scarce resources
Contact [email protected]