Adult and child taken to hospital after fire at home in Pontefract

An adult and a child were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a chip pan caught fire in Pontefract.

Thursday, 15th June 2017, 11:02 pm
Updated Wednesday, 21st June 2017, 3:19 pm

Firefighters were called to Chestnut Green in the town at around 8.20pm tonight (Thursday).

Sign up to our daily Wakefield Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire was out when the crew arrived.

However, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said an adult and a child inside suffered smoke inhalation from the fire.

They were treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to hospital.