Burning clothes pulled out of tumble dryer in launderette fire

Library picture
Library picture

Burning clothes were pulled from a tumble dryer in a Wakefield launderette this afternoon (Friday).

Crews were called to the Pitstop Launderette, Northgate, at around 2.30pm after clothes set alight in a tumble dryer.

A member of the public pulled the clothes out, but could not extinguish the fire.

The launderette was evacuated while fire crews worked at the scene for around 45 minutes.

Two breathing apparatus wearers tackled the fire using hose reels.

There were no injuries.