Firefighters tackle blaze in Lupset flat

Latest news...
Latest news...

Firefighters tackled a blaze in a Lupset flat last night (Thursday).

The occupant had left his electric cooker switched on when he went out.

When he returned to the flat on Waterton Grove, he put his shopping on top of the cooker and it caught fire.

Fire crews from Wakefield were called just before 9pm.

A Wakefield fire station spokesman said: “This incident sends a clear message to everyone to ensure they check their appliances are switched off before they leave the house.”