Fish fingers left on the grill leads to house fire

A man had to be rescued from his Ferrybridge flat after unattended fish fingers on a grill led to a fire.

Wednesday, 18th February 2015, 8:51 am

Fire crews from Castleford and Normanton were called to a property on Fishergate at around 12.20am this morning (Wednesday).

Sign up to our daily Wakefield Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The 31-year-old man was rescued by firefighters and treated for smoke inhalation.

Dave Smith, watch commander at Castleford Fire Station, said: “We would urge people not to leave cooking unattended as the consequences can be serious.”