Four children treated for smoke inhalation after Wakefield kitchen house fire

Two adults and four children were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Wakefield.

By James Carney
Tuesday, 18th February 2020, 9:47 am
Updated Tuesday, 18th February 2020, 10:18 am
Sandpiper Road, Calder Grove. Picture by Google.
Sandpiper Road, Calder Grove. Picture by Google.

The fire started in the kitchen of the address at Sandpiper Road, Calder Grove yesterday evening.

The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived and the four people were given precautionary check ups by ambulance crews but did not require hospital treatment.

One pump from Ossett and two from Dewsbury attended the scene at 7.30pm on Monday, February 17.