Four sheep died from poisoning after escaping from field

Four sheep have died after a gate was removed from its hinges in Walton.

Friday, 24th August 2018, 11:06 am
Updated Friday, 24th August 2018, 11:10 am
Walkers are being urged to close gates after them whilst in the countryside.

Walton Parish Council have reminded walkers to pay attention to the countryside code after six sheep were poisoned after a locked and chained gate was lifted from its hinges.

Sign up to our daily Wakefield Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The sheep grazing in the field escaped into a nearby garden, where they ate poisonous plants. Four have since died and two are being treated.

The countryside code urges people to “leave gates as you find them or follow instructions on signs.”