Grill pan catches fire in Pontefract home

Firefighters were called to a grill pan fire in Pontefract last night.

Tuesday, 8th April 2014, 8:39 am
Latest news...

Crews from the town’s fire station were called to a property on Celandine Close at around 10.25pm.

Sign up to our daily Wakefield Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A fire service spokeswoman said the homeowner had taken the pan outside by the time crews arrived and no-one was injured in the incident.

Firefighters will be issuing safety advice to neighbouring properties today.

For a free fire safety check visit www.westyorksfire.gov.uk