This week we lead on a woman who bit off a mum’s ear in a drunken fight in Wakefield after she was jailed for five years.
Also in news:
- A teenage driver who mounted the kerb and killed a carer has been jailed for 30 months.
- A dad-of-two who wasn’t expected to survive a heart transplant as a teenager has this week celebrated the 25th anniversary of the life saving procedure.
- A young woman whose skin-tight red dress saved her life has visited the firefighters who rescued her.
- A team of specialist police divers are searching the River Calder for a father-of-two who has been missing from home for more than a month.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats may have dispatched rivals Featherstone Rovers in last Sunday’s pre-season friendly but head coach James Webster admits that his team still needs to improve.
- Testing weather conditions and visitors Billingham failed to stop Sandal Rugby Union’s charge for the National 3 North title last Saturday.
- Slazenger Hockey Club men’s seconds returned to action following the Christmas break and showed no signs of rustiness as they trounced Chapeltown 7-0.
- Unlimited rail travel for a day for just £10.
- Free holiday ideas supplement.