This week we lead on the thousands of patients who are still waiting for appointments at the district’s hospitals.
Also in news:
- The family of a schoolgirl stabbed to death 50 years ago are searching for the truth after the case was never solved.
- Thousands of pupils have been excluded from school for offences including assault, drugs and racial abuse during the past two years.
- A “dirty and unhygienic” elderly care home has been slammed by health inspectors who ordered its owners to make improvements.
- A children’s charity has been given more than £700,000 to protect young people from sexual exploitation at night.
- The Dean of Wakefield will be praying for divine intervention in Saturday’s Grand National after he backed Godsmejudge at odds of 20-1 to win the world’s most famous steeplechase.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats travel to Warrington Wolves tomorrow, Saturday, desperate to avoid an eighth successive Super League XX loss.
- Although they eventually ran out convincing 33-7 winners to collect the bonus point victory, Sandal were made to work hard by a physical Huddersfield YMCA side on Saturday.
- It was honours even in Monday’s derby as Ossett Albion and Ossett Town drew 1-1 in the Evo-Stik First Division North.
- Three football mad Wakefield people fulfilled every fan’s dream when they got to grace the hallowed turf of Wembley.