This week we lead on the inquests into the deaths of Horbury schoolchildren Bobby and Christi Shepherd which found they were unlawfully killed while on holiday in Corfu.
Also in news:
- Dad Craig Tandy had to become a makeshift midwife when he delivered his “perfect” baby son.
- We also have five pages of reaction from last week’s general and local elections.
- A man has died almost a month after the car he was travelling in hit a lamp post.
- Hospital patients face delays to get treatment as accident and emergency departments struggle to cope with the demand.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats will meet with developers Yorkcourt Properties Limited today to outline the costs of building a new stadium.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats can put their poor run of Super League XX results behind them for a week and concentrate on securing progress to the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup quarter-finals.
- Sharlston Rovers are hoping to put their turbulent season behind them by defending the BARLA National Cup against Cumbrian side Egremont on Sunday.
- Opener Matthew Jordan was in outstanding form for Wakefield Thornes in league and cup victories last weekend.
- Unlimited rail travel offer.