This week we lead on CCTV images of a man detectives would like to speak to after a woman was sexually assaulted after a night out in the city centre.
Also in news:
- Pupils from Stanley Grove Primary and Nursery School have received a letter from Kensington Palace after making Prince George a guide on being a big brother.
- A gang of heartless burglars who targeted the homes of vulnerable elderly residents across Wakefield and West Yorkshire by posing as water company officials have been jailed for a total of 36 years.
- A man who caused a major explosion which destroyed his home during an act of revenge towards his estranged wife has been jailed for six years.
- Patients are being injured in falls on short staffed wards at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust.
- Brave Abi Longfellow is one step closer to getting the life-saving drug denied to her by the NHS.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats outside back Richard Owen has voluntarily agreed to enter a rehabilitation programme with the Sporting Chance Clinic.
- The countdown to the new football season continued this week with the draws for the opening rounds of the FA cup competitions.
- Azaad revived their Championship title challenge by trouncing winless bottom team Caribbean by 134 runs.