This week we lead on a pensioner who died in a house fire after neighbours frantically tried to save her.
Also in news:
- A running group inspired by an eight-year-old girl’s battle with cancer has organised a charity bed run.
- A serial sex offender has been told he faces many years in prison after a jury found him guilty of attacking four teenage girls and a woman over a four-year period.
- A lap dancing club could open in the city centre after a nightclub owner submitted an application to Wakefield Council.
- And rugby league fans celebrated 120 years of the sport with walk passing the former and current grounds of the 22 founding member clubs.
- Full-back Kevin Locke needs surgery but could play again for Wakefield Trinity Wildcats this season.
- Ossett Albion came from behind to rescue a draw against Hemsworth Miners Welfare in their pre-season match.
- And Ossett teenager Brett Barlow admits that he “can’t wait to get out on the field” for the BARLA Great Britain Young Lions in their three-match tour of Canada.