This week we lead on the shocking state of care homes in the district as two thirds of those inspected since October last year were told to improve.
Also in news:
- Two men were jailed for using charity money raised by their local mosque to fund a trip to smuggle drugs worth £2m.
- Poundworld starred in a new BBC series which lifts the lid on the battle of the discount stores.
- A memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of prolific writer and historian Kate Taylor.
- And trespassing on West Yorkshire railway lines has been recorded at the highest levels for 11 years prompting British Transport Police to act to save people’s lives.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats boss Brian Smith has warned his squad that Bradford Bulls are much more than a one-man side.
- Stanley Rodillians began their pre-season campaign with a 35-24 victory over Sheffield Oaks.
- And Ossett Albion extended their unbeaten run to five games with a 2-1 win over Stocksbridge Park Steels.