This week we lead on West Yorkshire Police after the force admitted around 16,000 parking tickets have been wrongly issued by West Yorkshire Police’s PCSOs.
Also in news:
- A fire broke out at Freeston Academy just as pupils were arriving to collect their GCSE results.
- More than 2,700 complaints about noise nuisance were received by Wakefield Council last year.
- A paramedic who used patient records to obtain a woman’s phone number has been cautioned by a fitness to practise panel.
- Labour leadership hopeful Yvette Cooper has voiced her opposition to the key economic policy of the man who is on course to win the contest.
- We also have a 12-page GCSE results supplement.
- The Wakefield Trinity Wildcats squad will travel to Leigh Centurions on Saturday with confidence running high, according to Scott Anderson and skipper Danny Kirmond.
- Horbury Town slipped to a 1-0 defeat against Wetherby Athletic in their first game of the West Yorkshire League Premier Division.
- Wakefield Thornes snatched top spot in the Premiership by trouncing strugglers Buttershaw St Paul’s.
- Wakefield cycling star Reece Wood grabbed a gold and silver medal at the recent National Junior Track Championships in Manchester as well as securing a Championship record.