We lead on Kirkgate Railway station which will officially open next week after a £5.6m restoration project initiated by the Express.
Also in news:
- Community groups across the city set up collection points to help refugees fleeing the on-going conflict in Syria.
- The boss of the National Coal Mining museum is leaving her role after almost 30 years at the organisation.
- Wakefield Council could pass on the running of leisure facilities across the district to an external company.
- Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford MP Yvette Cooper awaits the results of the Labour party’s leadership vote on Saturday.
- And a teenager with a rare birth defect has had a childhood wish come true after being given a tour of the city’s historic town hall clock tower.
- Reece Lyne is confident that Wakefield Trinity Wildcats can retain their Super League status.
- Sandal RUFC’s first match in the National Two North rugby began with a victory over Luctonians.
- And boxer Andy Townend retained his English super featherweight title with a seventh round stoppage victory over Lee Glover.
There is also a competition to win a £300 gift card, £10 rail offer and a new look property guide.