This week we lead on dad Tony Blakemore who was seriously injured in a “cowardly and vicious” attack by three youths while trying to protect his home.
Also in news:
- An action plan has been drawn up to help regenerate the city centre.
- Former Wakefield Trinity Wildcats chairman Sir Rodney Walker has been made an honorary life member of the Parliamentary Rugby League Group.
- A sex attacker who broke into a young mother’s home before stabbing her and threatening to kill her toddler son has been jailed more than 30 years after he committed the horrific crimes.
- Wakefield Council is threatening to take enforcement action if health bosses do not save Clayton Hospital.
- In the same week that next season’s fixtures have been revealed, there has been a flurry of activity behind the scenes at Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.
- Sharlston Rovers A continued their recent good form and brushed aside an understrength Methley Royals outfit with an 11-try blitz in the first round of the Yorkshire Cup.
- Man of the match Adam Schofield produced an outstanding display as he crossed for five tries to lead Stanley Rodillians to top spot in Yorkshire Five with a comprehensive victory over Thirsk.
- It has been a week of contrasting fortunes for Ossett rivals Albion and Town.
- Half-price entry to Flamingo Land.