In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is how a ceremony for two city born soldiers killed in action 100 years ago took place in France in the same week as the Poppy Appeal was launched.
Also in news:
- Almost two thirds of the poorest children in our district cannot go to the toilet or put on a coat by themselves when they start school, new figures show.
- A man was stabbed during a fight in Eastmoor.
- The Express is backing a fundraising campaign to help rising numbers of homeless people put a roof over their heads.
- We reveal who has scooped our fantastic Win a Wedding prize.
- A 16-page special school starters supplement.
- The Wakefield Trinity Wildcats squad will be “pumped-up” for the opening game of the Super League season, at Castleford Tigers, next February according to former Tiger Richard Owen.
- Sandal needed to be at their very best to grind out a National 3 North victory over Huddersfield YMCA on Saturday.