In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is how the dad of a little boy who was knocked down on the way to school says it’s time to make the roads in his community safe for children.
Also in news:
- A 12-year-old boy was threatened with rape and had his head stamped on in a horrifying attack as he walked home from school.
- A dad-to-be who fractured a parent’s jaw in a road rage attack near a school has been spared jail for now so he can attend the birth of his child.
- A charity runner was pulled from a 20 mile race - because she was too slow.
- The growing injury list at Wakefield Trinity Wildcats has forced head coach James Webster into making two loan signings in the last week.
- Stanley Rangers kicked off their National Conference League Division Two campaign with a dominant 36-18 victory over Castleford Panthers.