In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is how Sir David Attenborough has backed a campaign to have the Walton Hall estate recognised for its cultural importance by the United Nations as campaigners try to prevent the government from running a high-speed railway line through the site.
Also in news:
- Plans to move the city’s outdoor market to the cathedral precinct have been submitted.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats bosses are demanding answers after talks over a move to a new stadium stalled.
- A man accused of committing fraud and theft offences worth more than £320,000 has appeared in court.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats host Halifax in the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup tonight, Friday, and skipper Danny Kirmond believes that the clash will help to restore confidence within the Trinity squad.
- Sandal RUFC first team face a winner-takes-all clash with Sale tomorrow, Saturday, in the final game of the National 3 North season.
- Ossett Town’s winless run in the Evo-Stik First Division North now stands at six games after the Reds fell to a 1-0 defeat at home to Radcliffe Borough.