Killer spat on his victim - teenager tells jury of how she witnessed Eastmoor double murders

Steven Harratt.
Steven Harratt.

A TEENAGER has told of the horrifying moment she saw her possessive ex-boyfriend knife her sister and best friend to death.

Elisa Frank told police how Ahmad Otak, 21, murdered her sister Kimberley Frank, 17, and her friend Samantha Sykes, 18, in Eastmoor last March.

Elisa’s harrowing video testimony was played at the trial of Steven Harratt, who is accused of helping Otak to try and evade justice.

Elisa, then 19, told detectives how she had broken up with Otak and had arranged for him to bring her property to her sister’s flat on Barden Road on March 9.

Otak asked her if they were going to get back together, but Elisa said no.

She told police: “The next thing I knew Kimberley was being pushed in to me and she just shouted ‘Elisa’.

“I thought he had punched her or something.”

Leeds Crown Court heard how Elisa then saw that her sister was bleeding really badly.

The jury heard how Otak repeatedly stabbed Kimberley, who ended up on the floor.

Elisa said: “I think he was crying. I can’t remember, and saying that I made him do it and if I had gone back to him this would never have happened. And he said he hadn’t decided whether he was going to kill me or not.

“At one point he was standing more or less over her body and he spat on her body and started laughing.

“I asked him what he was going to do and he said he was going to kill more people, people he had planned on killing.”

The trial heard how Otak threatened to kill Elisa if she tried to escape and he was “going to kill himself after everything was finished”.

Otak then told Elisa to ring her friend Samantha Sykes and tell her to come round.

Before Samantha got there Otak tied Elisa’s hands and feet with electrical cables and he covered Kimberley’s body with a blanket.

The court heard how Samantha arrived and was buzzed in to the flat complex.

Elisa said: “I just shouted come in, then there was a few seconds, after that there was just screaming. She shouted ‘Elisa’... after that it was just screams, really loud screams.”

The court heard how Otak untied Elisa and took her at knife-point to Harratt’s flat in Willow Grove, Sandal.

The trial has heard how Otak asked for and was given £250 by Harratt.

Harratt, 57, is also alleged to have provided Otak with food, clothing and a satellite navigation system plus information about ferry crossings.

Otak planned to drive down to Dover and escape to France, but was apprehended by police in Kent.

Harratt told police he did not know what had happened and denied assisting Otak in any way.

Harratt has pleaded not guilty to assisting an offender with intent to impede the apprehension or prosecution of Otak.

But Elisa told police: “I got the feeling he must have known something. He obviously didn’t know exactly what he (Otak) had done but I got the feeling he must have known something bad had happened.

“He would have been an idiot if he didn’t.”

The trial continues.