Man rescued from house fire in Normanton

A man was rescued from a house fire in Normanton in the early hours of this morning.

Monday, 25th April 2016, 9:37 am
Updated Monday, 25th April 2016, 10:43 am
Latest news

The 50-year-old was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after firefighters used a ladder to get him out of a first floor window at the house on Temple Gardens.

Sign up to our daily Wakefield Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Crews from Normanton, Castleford and Wakefield stations tackled the blaze after a fire alarm was activated.

A fire service spokesman said: “Four breathing apparatus and two hose reels were used to extinguish the fire.

“A 50-year-old male occupant suffered smoke inhalation and was given oxygen therapy and taken to hospital for a check up.”