Have you got a lucky Lotto line you’ve been putting on for years? Well...things are about to change.
Here’s a quick guide to what will be changing from tomorrow:
* From the draw on Saturday October 10 onwards there will be extra numbers to pick from:
- You can choose from one all the way to 59 - rather than one to 49. This is designed to create bigger rolling jackpots where there is more to play for.
* The jackpot odds of matching all six numbers on the current Lotto are one in 13,983,816. When the new numbers are introduced this will jump to one in 45,057,474.
* A new Millionaire Raffle will guarantee a £1million prize in every draw. A further 20 people will win £20,000.
* Match two numbers and win a free Lotto Lucky Dip.
* You can still keep the lucky line you’ve played for the past 21 years - but you can also add a few higher numbers if you want.
* Lotto HotPicks - more numbers to choose from (one-59) - and bigger prizes. Matching five numbers will scoop you £350,000.
The changes are aimed at ‘making the game more exciting’ and are according to national-lottery.co.uk: “part of a never ending push to make more millionaires and more winners, and to raise as much as we can for National Lottery Good Cause projects.”
To date, £34 billion has been raised for Good Cause projects.
Find out more at national-lottery.co.uk/lotto-changes.