Train service changes this weekend - how they could affect you
Train services throughout West Yorkshire are changing from this Sunday, May 20, affecting Wakefield, Calderdale and Kirklees.
Here’s a summery:
Pontefract Line (Leeds / Wakefield – Knottingley)
• Services between Knottingley and Wakefield Kirkgate are extended via Wakefield Westgate to Leeds – but will not stop at Outwood.
This means there is a direct trains Streethouse, Featherstone and Pontefract Tanshelf into/from Leeds.
Calder Valley Line (Leeds – Bradford – Halifax – Manchester / Preston)
• Significant changes to times and service patterns at all stations along this route.
• York - Preston services now operates to Huddersfield via Bradford Interchange with earlier journey opportunities between Bradford Interchange and Huddersfield.
• Selby - Huddersfield services now operates to Manchester Victoria.
• There will more trains run from Leeds to Bradford Interchange, Halifax and Hebden Bridge Monday to Saturdays between 2200 and 2300 (extra trains at 2200 Leeds-Blackpool North, 2218 Leeds-Manchester Victoria)
• Manchester Oxford Road off-peak services are temporarily withdrawn until December 2018.
• A new Leeds – Preston service is introduced, replacing the York – Preston service but now stop at Sowerby Bridge at all times. Direct trains between Leeds and Blackpool North will only run at weekends.
• The Leeds to Manchester Victoria via Dewsbury and Brighouse service, continues to operate Monday to Saturday, but is extended to Southport via Wigan Wallgate.
Hallam Line (Leeds - Wakefield Kirkgate - Barnsley - Sheffield)
Some trains from Leeds to Sheffield are extended to/from Lincoln.
Huddersfield Line (Huddersfield – Wakefield)
• Services will now operate between Huddersfield and Wakefield Kirkgate only.
Harrogate Line (Leeds - Harrogate - Knaresbrough - York)
Sunday daytimes - there will be a half-hourly service between Leeds, Harrogate and Knaresborough. The current Horsforth services will be extended to/from Knaresborough.
Late changes to the Monday to Saturday timetable from Northern :
• 0740 Knaresborough to Leeds to depart earlier at 0737 and call additionally at Headingley and Burley Park.
• 0809 Knaresborough to Leeds to depart Knaresborough 3 minutes earlier and call additionally at Pannaland Weeton.
• 0756 York to Leeds will call additionally at Pannal.
Airedale Line (Leeds / Bradford – Skipton – Carlisle)
• Increased services to/from Carlisle
• Increased services to/from Morecambe. Morning services will terminate at Lancaster.Huddersfield Line (Leeds – Huddersfield – Manchester / Liverpool)
• Significant changes to all stations along this route, with Northern no longer providing the local stations between Leeds & Huddersfield, and Huddersfield & Manchester Victoria.
• TransPennine Express (TPE) will now operate 6 trains an hour between Leeds and Manchester via Huddersfield.
• The hourly Hull-Manchester service will also stop at Batley (Monday to Saturdays) and Slaithwaite (every day).
• Leeds – Manchester Piccadilly service will be introduced stopping at most stops along the route taking over 1 hour. This service will also run will hourly on Sundays.
• All Liverpool Lime Street services will operate via Manchester Victoria and no longer serve Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road, Birchwood, Warrington Central or Liverpool South Parkway
• All Manchester Airport services between Huddersfield and Manchester Piccadilly be diverted to serve Manchester Victoria and Manchester Oxford Road.
• The Leeds to Manchester Victoria via Brighouse service, continues to operate Monday to Saturday, but is extended to Southport via Wigan Wallgate from Manchester Victoria.
Leeds Bradford Line (Leeds - Shipley - Bradford Forster Sq)
• All services now stop at Kirkstall Forge.
Penistone Line (Huddersfield - Barnsley - Sheffield)
Last train Monday to Saturday from Huddersfield to Sheffield will leave later at 2251.
Most trains between Huddersfield and Sheffield will stop at Elsecar.
Wakefield Line (Leeds - Wakefield Westgate - Doncaster/Sheffield)
Later Monday to Saturday trains from Leeds to Doncaster. (Monday to Friday 2330 and 2331 Saturdays).
More trains between Wakefield Westgate and Leeds
Wharfedale Line (Leeds / Bradford – Ilkley)
• All Leeds – Ilkley services no longer stop at Kirkstall Forge. Kirkstall Forge will be served by Leeds-Bradford Forster Square trains.
York and Selby Lines (Leeds – York / Selby)
• Significant changes to times and service at all stations along this route
• York – Preston now operates to Huddersfield via Bradford Interchange
• Selby – Huddersfield now operates to Manchester Victoria via Bradford Interchange
• New Sunday local Northern stopping service is introduced between Leeds and Selby
• Changes to TransPennine Express (TPE) trains stopping at Garforth with all Manchester-Hull services now calling instead of the Middlesbrough-Manchester Airport journeys. Peak-time TPE trains will still stop at Cross Gates.