Update: Ossett fire sparked by electrical fault

A massive blaze which destroyed an Ossett mill may have been started by an electrical fault.

More than 50 firefighters were called to tackle the blaze at a jeans factory on Queen Street at around 10.40pm last night.

Picture: Jason Pass

Picture: Jason Pass

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said the fire started in a fuse box next to the main building.

The mill, which was occupied by Fudge Jeans, is in danger of collapsing.

Roads in the town, from the top of Bank Street to Ossett Green, will be closed until a structural engineer arrives later this morning.

Arriva has diverted a number of bus services including the 117 and the 202.