Prolonged rain is forecast for most of today, continuing into Friday.
Heavy rain this morning on already sodden ground has led the Met Office to warn there may be a disruption from flooding.
The Met Office website gives a list of what to expect:
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, with a risk that some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
Forecast for the next few days:
Persistent and heavy rain, perhaps leading to localised flooding. Winds strengthening through the day. Feeling cold. Maximum temperature 9 °C.
Rain and strong winds becoming confined to northern and western areas during the evening, before moving south later in the night albeit much lighter. Minimum temperature 6 °C.
A dull morning, with rain and wind slowly easing away. Drier by the afternoon, with sunny spells developing in the north and west but some patchy rain possible elsewhere. Maximum temperature 9 °C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday:
A cold, frosty start on Saturday, then rain and hill snow moving east. Brightening up on Sunday, with rain slowly easing. Another cold start on Monday, then further rain.