25 sport questions to use for your online pub quiz
WITH the majority of population confined to their homes since the end of March, virtual quizzes with family and friends have become a popular way to pass the time.
However, coming up with questions is not always an easy task and finding a middle ground is key. Everyone enjoys a challenge, so questions can't be too easy while difficult questions risk frustrating your friends and family
Below we have put together a list of 25 questions from various sports to help you with your latest online quiz. Use the whole list or pick a selection of your favourites and why not grab a pen and paper and test yourself first with all the answers revealed at the bottom.
1. Who did Fallon Sherrock beat to make history in the first round of the 2019 PDC World Darts Championship?
2. Who is the coach of Castleford Tigers?
3. Who won the 2020 Cheltenham Gold Cup?
4. How many red balls are on a snooker table at the start of a frame?
5. Who are the current NBA champions?
6. How many runs did Jack Leach score in the second innings of the Headingley Ashes Test in 2019?
7. Who was the last female to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year?
8. Who did England beat in the semi-finals of the 2003 Rugby World Cup?
9. Which NFL team has Tom Brady just signed for?
10. How many seconds did it take for Conor McGregor to knock out Jose Aldo in 2015?
11. At which tournament did Rory McIlroy claim his first major?
12. Who did Huddersfield Town beat on penalties in the 2017 Championship play-off final?
13. Which boxer is known as The Bronze Bomber?
14. Who was the last English manager to win the FA Cup?
15. In cricket, who is England's all-time wicket taker?
16. What is the nickname for England's national netball team?
17. Which manager has won the most FA Cup titles?
18. What colour medal did British diver Tom Daley win at the London 2012 Olympics?
19. The heptathlon is made up of how many individual events?
20. How many F1 world championships has Lewis Hamilton won?
21. The Scottish Grand National is held at which venue?
22. What is the term given to the traditional stance of a left handed boxer?
23. Which sport is played on the largest pitch and banned left-handed players in the 1970s?
24. What year was the first modern Olympic Games held?
25. Where was England cricketer Ben Stokes born?
Answers: 1. Ted Evetts; 2. Daryl Powell; 3. Al Boum Photo; 4. 15; 5. Toronto Raptors; 6. One; 7. Zara Phillips; 8. France; 9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 10. 13 seconds; 11. US Open; 12. Reading; 13. Deontay Wilder; 14. Harry Redknapp; 15. James Anderson; 16. The Roses; 17. Arsène Wenger; 18. Bronze; 19. Seven; 20. Six; 21. Ayr; 22. Southpaw; 23. Polo; 24; 1896; 25. New Zealand.