IN PICTURES: The Five Towns through the years

Some more nostalgic photos of our district through time...

The 5 towns through time...
The 5 towns through time...

Can you spot any familiar faces and places? Let us know, Email: [email protected] see more, visit: 17 photos of five towns through time

The Castleford Parish Church Brownies in 1926.
Holding a charity flower demonstration at the Wilton Ballroom, Whitwood.
Supervisor Brian Williams and his team of builders constructing the adventure playground.
Hospice workers and contributors at a fundraiser.
A Jubilee street party in Cutsyke, 1977
Castleford Boys School in 1935.
Owen Briscoe and the South Kirkby NUM Branch at a presentation.
Broad lane Middle School in South Elmsall performing a Victorian Carol Concert.
The Castleford Womens Centre premises in 1997. Pictured here are Margaret and Dot.
A flooded footpath on Lock Lane, Castleford.
The District Mayor unveils a commemorative Ferrybridge 'B' power station plaque in 1983.
A steam locomotive powering through Castleford gate.
Pictured: Jack Smart and the Prince of Wales
Sue Brooksbank and Lynda Rooke at Knottingley garden party
An archaeological dig in Castleford near the station in 1987, looking for Roman artefacts.
Foam from the River Aire settles on Aire Street in the 1960s.
A photo of Castleford Market, dated 1992.
Cllr Richard Joyce with prizewinners at the North Elmsall Parish Council Church coat-of-arms competition.
Children at Badsworth CE First School garden party.
A pit pony at Glasshoughton.
Teams keep the pottery on the boil at Ferrybridge.
Town Hall building at Knottingley.
The Prince of Wales Colliery, Pontefract
Pontefract Racecourse.