Police speak to three boys in connection with Thornes Park fire
Police investigating a suspected arson attack at Wakefield's Thornes Park Stadium have spoken to three boys.
Thornes Park Stadium was evacuated last week after a fire broke out in an outdoor area of the building.
As many as 250 people are believed to have been inside the building at the time, including young gymnasts and their families.
Nobody was injured in the blaze, but police are investigating the incident and have said they believe the fire was started deliberately.
West Yorkshire Police have now confirmed that they have spoken to three males aged 11, 12 and 13 as part of their investigation.
In a statement, the force said: "Three males aged 11, 12 and 13 years old have been spoken to as part of the investigation into the fire at Thornes Park stadium on Wednesday evening (26 February) and enquiries into the fire by Wakefield CID remain ongoing."