Pensioner needed treatment after hallway fire

A pensioner needed treatment after a fire broke out in a bin inside a Pontefract property.

Thursday, 12th November 2020, 8:32 am

The emergency services were called to Queens Road at around 7.15pm last night, Wednesday, November 11.

The fire had started in the hallway of the dwelling and the elderly occupier suffered smoke inhalation.

Oxygen therapy administered by fire service personnel and left in hands of paramedics.

Sign up to our daily Wakefield Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Queens Road, Pontefract.

Appliances from Pontefract, Featherstone and Castleford had attended.