Thomas Cook will take part in a carbon monoxide safety conference in parliament today, organised after an inquest found that Bobby and Christi Shepherd were unlawfully killed while on holiday in Corfu in 2006.
The youngsters, aged six and seven, were overcome by fumes from a faulty boiler at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel on the Greek holiday island.
Their mother, Sharon Wood, will speak at the conference along with safety experts and Peter Fankhauser, chief executive of Thomas Cook.
The conference, which is part of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, will be hosted by Mary Creagh MP.
Ms Creagh said: “Wakefield coroner David Hinchliff was clear that new laws are needed at UK and EU level to protect families on holiday, and that the medical profession needs to be more systematic in recognising Carbon Monoxide poisoning.”
“Thomas Cook promised the children’s parents they would lead the call from the industry to improve holiday safety, so this conference will be an important milestone for the UK travel industry.”